Directorate of the Director General’s Office
Functions of the Director
He shall fulfill the following functions :
- Follow up on the implementation of the Director General’s instructions and directives;
- Prepare for the activities of the Director General inside and outside the Seat Country;
- Consider the files submitted by the various directorates, centres and divisions before referring them to the Director General;
- Prepare periodical reports on the activities of the Directorate;
- Coordinate and ensure follow-up to the activities of the Directorate.
Division of ISESCO Regional Offices And Delegations
- Supervise ISESCO Offices and Delegations operating outside the Seat Country;
- Ensure contact between the Offices and Delegations and the various directorates, centres and divisions of the Organization concerning their programmes and activities;
- Draw up periodical implementation and assessment reports on their annual programmes and activities.
Division of Legal Affairs
- It shall discharge the following tasks:
- Provide legal counsel on matters submitted to it for consideration;
- Provide legal advice on the draft agreements, conventions and contracts which the Organization intends to conclude;
- Prepare the legal documents relating to the sessions of the Executive Council and the General Conference;
- Ensure follow-up to the matters relating to the Organization’s legal status and the privileges and immunities granted to the Organization and its staff members;
Division of ISESCO Goodwill Ambassadors
- It shall carry out the following tasks:
- Coordinate with the ambassadors concerned regarding relevant activities and programmes, and provide the appropriate conditions for their effective action;
- Prepare the programmes and activities relative to ISESCO Goodwill Ambassadors and follow up their implementation in cooperation with the various directorates, centres and divisions.
- Propose mechanisms for improving the programme on ISESCO Goodwill Ambassadors, including expanding the scope of action of the ambassadors and increasing their number.
Division of Protocol
- It shall undertake the following tasks:
- Make the organizational arrangements for the audiences of the Director General as well as for his participation in official activities and meetings in the Seat country;
- Ensure follow-up to protocol matters related to the Director General’s activities outside the Seat Country and coordinate them with the competent authorities.