Article 6 : Membership
- Membership in the Federation shall be open to all national universities and similar higher education institutions inside or outside the Islamic world, which are eligible for membership.
- The Executive Council shall consider the applications for membership, take the appropriate decisions regarding these applications and submit them to the General Conference for adoption.
- All members shall enjoy the same rights, and shall have the same obligations.
- The Member Universities pledge to work for the achievement of the Federation's objectives and to settle their financial contributions.
- The Executive Council shall be entitled to decide to suspend the membership of a member that fails to honour its commitment, including the financial obligations. The Council's decision shall be subject to endorsement by the General Conference.
Eligibility for membership :The university or similar higher institutions applying for membership in the Federation must fulfil the following conditions :
- To be recognized, along with the degrees they award, by the higher education authorities of the country in which they operate.
- The students applying for enrolment therein must hold the General Certificate of Education (GCE), or its equivalent, and those applying for enrolment in higher studies therein must hold the first university degree, or its equivalent.
- The term of study therein must correspond to the university term of study recognized worldwide. (4 years of study, or 120 credit hours or their equivalent)
- One class at least must have graduated from the applicant institution after its inception.
Article 7 : ImmunitiesThe Federation, its officials, personnel, premises, offices, documents and mail shall enjoy the protection, immunities and privileges enjoyed by the Organization of the Islamic Conference as well as those stipulated by the Headquarters Agreement signed between the Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization -ISESCO- and the Government of the Kingdom of Morocco.
Article 13 : The Budget
- The budget shall be prepared for three years and implemented each year starting from January 1st to the end of December of the same year. It shall be implemented after its adoption by the General Conference, in accordance with the Federation's Financial Regulations.
- The Secretary General shall prepare an annual report on the budget and the closing account, to be submitted to the Executive Council session following the Council session coming after the closing of the financial year. The report on the financial year shall include the Secretary General's proposals concerning budget implementation as well as his observations on the closing account.
Article 14 : ResourcesThe resources of the Federation shall include :
- Subscription fees and contributions of Member Universities, in addition to revenues from the Federation's publications. The General Conference shall set up the amount of subscription fees and contributions.
- Resources secured from cooperation agreements concluded between the Federation and other parties.
- Subsidies, donations and endowments (waqf) provided by the Islamic Organization (ISESCO), Member Universities, non- Member Universities, institutions, individuals or any other resources.
Article 15 : ExpendituresThe expenditures of the Federation shall be incurred for such purposes as the following :
- Commitments resulting from previous contracts, resolutions or programmes of a binding nature for the Federation.
- Subsidies and assistance to institutions and organizations under its supervision.
- Commitments resulting from projects undertaken jointly with governmental or non-governmental partners.
- Obligations towards permanent and commissioned staff.
Article 16 : The AccountsThe Secretary General shall prepare, under the supervision of the Executive Council, the closing account and submit it to the regular session of the General Conference.
Article 17 :The financial services of the Islamic Organization (ISESCO) shall manage the Federation's finances according to ISESCO's regulations, provided it does not contradict FUIW's regulations.
Article 18 : Amendments
- The amendments proposed to this Charter shall become effective as soon as they are approved by a two-thirds majority of the General Conference.
- The General Conference shall have the right to adopt, through a two-thirds majority vote, the necessary regulations for the enforcement of the provisions of this Article.